Technology & Training
WHIRC is an Underwriter's Laboratories (UL) Listed Central Monitoring Station. What this means to you is assurance that we have met or exceeded quality, safety and training standards set by UL. We have been UL Listed since 1994 and are committed to exceeding UL's standards to ensure continuity of quality service to our customers.
Our response center is located in a completely secure area of our facility. This ensures your customer information is not compromised and a consistent level of service is provided.
- Concrete ceiling, walls and floor
- No access from outside the facility
- Controlled access, surveillance system
Hardware and software is UL Listed to provide uninterruptible service
- Completely redundant processors and servers
- Alarm data immediately sent to available representative
- Data and history comments automatically dated and time stamped for accuracy
- All data stored for future retrieval
Communication systems are completely redundant for continuity of service.
- Multiple cable paths to facility
- Multiple telephone switch offices
- Dual telephone processors
- Continuous recording of all lines
Power sources supply service in all conditions.
- 2 substations supply AC power to the facility
- Generator ensures continuous service during extended power outages.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) system provides continuous service during momentary power outages.
- Individual battery back-ups are also installed on all systems
Trusting your monitoring center and knowing they will handle your accounts correctly is a major concern for every monitoring center. Our dispatchers are qualified to respond to your accounts and are required to pass an extensive training program that includes:
- Pre-employment background investigation
- Pre-employment assessment testing
- Pre-employment physical examination
- Structured training program that includes:
• Classroom training
• Policy and procedure training
• Internal technical systems training
• Hands-on training on automation system
• Weekly reviews of progress
• The Monitoring Association (TMA) certified operator training
- Monthly training session of system operations for UL
- Monthly technical training sessions
- First aid and CPR certification
WHIRC has the best-trained dispatchers to address your customers’ needs. We are proud of our dispatching staff and their commitment of service to you and your customers.