I write to provide you WHIRC’s plan regarding our COVID-19 plan. Our decisions are made with the utmost concern for our employees, partners and community. We remain aligned with the guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
The following actions are effective immediately:
- All non-essential business travel and in-person meetings will be cancelled, rescheduled or conducted remotely. This includes conferences, trade shows and vendor meetings.
- Even for routine business, we will use telephone or video conferencing whenever possible to minimize face-to-face interaction.
- The MDH and CDC are encouraging everyone to practice “social distancing” to prevent the spread of the virus. Therefore, we are prepared to execute alternate schedules, isolation from other work groups and remote working arrangements where feasible.
The most important things we can ALL do to prevent the spread of any illness are to:
- Stay home from school, work and activities/events if you are not feeling well.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve (or tissue).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- We encourage employees to reschedule personal travel where possible, especially to areas in high concentration of the virus.
Thank you for your cooperation as we do our part to keep employees safe and service continuity in place.
~ Ashley Raisanen, WHIRC Business Manager