WH International Response Center (WHIRC) recently renewed the prestigious “TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center” designation from The Monitoring Association (TMA) for the 18th straight year. WHIRC first earned the “Five Diamond” designation in 2004. It is granted annually to monitoring centers that satisfy all of the requirements of the “five points of excellence.” These are:
- Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing by having 100% of its monitoring center operators certified using the TMA online training series on industry best practices.
- Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL.
- Commitment to raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participation in its activities.
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches.
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service.
The TMA Five Diamond designation means that a monitoring company has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their businesses and customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to quality operator training.
There are approximately 2,700 monitoring centers in the United States that communicate and interact with police, fire and emergency services agencies. Fewer than 200 have achieved the Five Diamond designation, setting these companies apart.
To learn more, visit WHIRC’s website at whirc.com or call (800) 858-7811.